It was going to be awfully difficult for us to match the success we had in 2015, but a strong argument could be made that we did just that.
We got 59 lineup cards in 2016, compared with 61 in 2015, but went to 17 fewer games this year.
- More/new MLB lineup cards: We got two bullpen lineup cards from a pair of Orioles at Red Sox games.
- New MiLB leagues/teams [BOLD = we got in 2016]
- Leagues: South Atlantic League; Midwest League; International League
- Teams: Pawtucket Red Sox, Hartford Yard Goats (new team in 2016), Reading Fightin Phils, Binghamton Mets, Portland Sea Dogs, Altoona Curve, Erie Sea Wolves, Hagerstown Suns, Staten Island Yankees, Lowell Spinners, Hagerstown Suns, Lakewood BlueClaws, Potomac Nationals, Wilmington Blue Rocks, etc.
We didn’t get that many from our initial wish list, but got a few that weren’t on the list, including: State College Spikes, Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs, Syracuse Chiefs, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders, Pensacola Wahoos (Southern League) and the Tri City ValleyCats.
- New Indy leagues/teams
- Leagues: The Empire League (new league in 2016), Frontier League
- Teams: New Britain Bees (new team in 2016), York Revolution, Long Island Ducks, Quebec Capitales
We did not get any new indy leagues this year. We did get the Ducks, Revolution and Bees from the Atlantic League. We also got a Lancaster Barnstormers card that was much nicer than the one we got last year.
- NCAA: We don’t have any NCAA lineup cards yet, so any conferences/teams would be great
We did well with the NCAA, getting dugout lineup cards from Tulane, UCF, Harvard, CCSU and Yale.
- International Teams: Our only international lineup card at the moment is from the Ottawa Champions. We should have an opportunity to try and get at least one lineup card from a team from another country
I went to see the Shikoku Island All Star Team (Japan) play the New Jersey Jackals of the Can-Am League play in June, hoping I could get a Shikoku Island League lineup card, but there was none on the dugout wall. I got the Jackals lineup card but that wasn’t what I was looking for.
I fared far, far better at the World Baseball Classic qualifier in September. I was able to get Pakistan’s official batting order card after the game, and with some leg work, was able to get someone from MLB, which runs the WBC, to send me Brazil’s dugout lineup card a couple weeks later.
We also got lineup cards from several teams that we had also gotten in 2015, making for a great season.